|Information contained in the Equine Injury Database that is not provided on this website is not available to the public. By agreement with the tracks, injury information is provided by the participating racetracks on a confidential basis. Racetracks, racing organizations and training centers interested in signing up for the Equine Injury Database should contact Kristin Werner Leshney at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 224-2720.
The following table presents the comparable fatality rates based on the updated analysis of data collected in the Equine Injury Database.
| The Jockey Club makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or timeliness of data contained in this report or as to any matter whatsoever. The Jockey Club expressly disclaims and shall have no responsibility or liability for any losses or damages resulting from errors or omissions in this report.
The following are links to press releases concerning the Equine Injury Database.
- The Jockey Club Releases Data from the Equine Injury Database for 2018,
March 21, 2019
- The Jockey Club Releases Data from the Equine Injury Database for 2017,
March 19, 2018
- Equine Injury Database: Rate of Fatal Injuries Declines for Fourth Consecutive Year,
March 10, 2017
- Equine Injury Database: Fatal Injuries Decline by 14 Percent,
March 22, 2016
- The Jockey Club Releases Year-over-Year and Six-Year Summary from Equine Injury Database,
March 13, 2015
- The Jockey Club Releases Five-Year Statistics from Equine Injury Database,
March 31, 2014
- The Jockey Club Releases Update from Equine Injury Database,
March 8, 2013
- The Jockey Club Releases Update From Equine Injury Database,
March 22, 2012
- New Website Enables Tracks to Publish Data from Equine Injury Database,
March 5, 2012
- The Jockey Club Commits Funding to Implement Recommendations from Industry Study,
August 14, 2011
- The Jockey Club Releases Updated Statistics from the Equine Injury Database,
December 15, 2010
- Equine Injury Database Statistics Discussed at Third Welfare and Safety
of the Racehorse Summit, June 28, 2010
- Equine Injury Database Statistic Released by The Jockey Club, March 23, 2010
- The Jockey Club Announces Launch of Equine Injury Database, July 22, 2008